Get to know me
A different style of blog this time. It's part of my job role to know my employees, but what do they want to know about me? Tiny Box Company and all of my other ventures wouldn't be where they are today without the help of all my lovely employees. So they have thought up some questions to ask me and my replies are as follows:
1. When have you felt most nervous when growing the business?
The most nervous I have been throughout the duration of my career would be when I was in Horsted Keynes, asking for more space as the business was growing. I was shown a massive warehouse that was somewhat daunting. But with all ventures there are risks. I asked for half of the space, so the owner built a wall in the middle of the premises, splitting the warehouse into two - which I then asked to be removed a few weeks later as we needed more room... rapid growth!
2. What's the strangest thing in your fridge?
For those that don't know, i've recently had an operation, and during my recovery I developed some side effects- so that being said, the strangest thing in my fridge would have to be skin itching cream!
3. What are defining moments through the growth process that you remember clearly?
- £150,000 cash in the bank
- Hitting 1m turnover in a year
- The realisation of having 90 employees - I drove to work one day and couldn't park. I said to my husband "why are there so many cars in the carpark?" to which he replied "they work here Rachel" - SCARY
4. What was your first ever job?
When I was 8 years old, I would do strawberry picking which I got paid for by the punnet. Although I would've earned much more if I hadn't eaten so many...
5. If You Had Three Wishes, What Would You Wish For?
1. World love
2. Removal of 'extreme greed gene' to prevent abuse of systems
3. A house in Spain (but I’m not greedy)
6. What Talent Would You Want To Possess If You Could?
I would love to have an amazing singing voice to be a rock star.
7. What is your favourite movie?
Dirty dancing - although i'm not much of a film person.
8. If you were to invite 3 people dead or alive to a dinner party, who would you invite?
1. Hitler – to understand why, and to see if there is remorse
2. Princess Diana – to find out how she maintained dignity
3. Stephany Shirley – icon, represents breaking boundaries of stereotypes surrounding women in her age, with grace
9. What is the biggest life lesson you've learnt?
$#!% happens – it’s how you deal with it that counts!
10. What superpower would you have?
I would like to have the power's that Jesus had... making food and wine appear out of nowhere!
11. Who is your favourite skate boarder?
I don’t know any, sorry!
12. Would you rather have three arms or three legs ?
I would rather have 3 arms than 3 legs... i don't think 3 legs would make me move any faster, but with 3 arms i could do multiple tasks on computers!
13. What gets you up in the morning?
My husband Steve, by quite literally dragging me
14. Pineapple on pizza? Yay or nay?
Not bothered, not a pizza fan
15. Who inspires you?
- Stephany Shirley
- Mel Robbins
16. Who do you read?
I love to read- i'll read everything and everyone but I particularly like biographies and psychology books.
17. Are you really allergic to fish?
Seafood absolutely - but I haven't experimented too much with other fish for obvious reasons.
18. Given a choice would you rather wear a suit to work on a onesie?
If I had the motivation to wear a suit everyday then I would, but I don't so definitely a onesie.
19. What is your favourite part of your job?
My employees are what makes the job, seeing them progress and develop is very rewarding.
20. What would your advice be to a person wanting a career like yours?
First of all you have to be sure of what it is you're trying to achieve, to have a clear vision. But you must also be considerate of the sacrifices that come with it... long days, holiday doesn't exist and your personal life does take a toll.
Thanks to all of the Tiny Box gang for the questions!
What would you like to know about me? Head over to my instagram and send me a question here: